Linking Cost Guardian to AWS
This article assumes you have already created a CostGuardian account and now you need to link it to your Amazon account. You can follow the guide below or watch the video if you prefer.
In either case you will need the link below to grant the required permissions.
Granting Access to CostGuardian in AWS
Before starting login to CostGuardian and open the window under Settings > AWS Account. The objective of these instructions is to generate the 2 values in AWS.
The first step is to login in to your AWS account and navigate to 'CloudFormation'
- Click Create Stack
- Copy and Paste the Link above into 'Amazon S3 URL', then click next
- Enter a Stackname such as CostGuardian
- Enter the ExternalId using a unique phrase to you, this can be though of like a password for your account, click next
- Ignore the Advanced settings and click next again.
- Scroll down the screen and check the box allowing the script to create an IAM policy and role. This new role will allow CostGuardian limited access to your account
- Click create Stack
- The stack creation should take less than 60 seconds
- Click the refresh icon and once complete click the Output Tab
- First 'copy' the Role ARN
- Change screens to CostGuardian and paste the ARN
- Go back to AWS and 'copy' the External Id
- Change screens to CostGuardian and paste the ExternalId
- Click Save in CostGuardian
- Return to the Dashboard and you should now see '0' being reported for running and stopped instances.